LONG BOOK REVIEW-The Happy Prince and The Nightingale and the Rose

Pepperoni pizza
Miyu Inoue
Nao Kubara
Misaki Kawanabe
Ayane Maruyama

Character person: Ayane Maruyama
1912043
Review:
    I read "A Happy Prince". This is about the swallow and the statue of happy prince. One day they met and  tried to help citizens to make them happy. I learned self-sacrifice by reading this story. The prince gave his gold to citizens, but his gold ran out and he lost his brilliance. 
    These days, I often hear the word "self-sacrifice", so this book was impressive. For my daily life, I feel I should make efforts for others and it will make me more patience. I will try to shift my attention to others for their happiness.


Characters

The happy prince: The main character, he is really sad. He wants to help people.
Citizens: They admire the happy prince.
Swallow: He helps the prince to help sick boy and his mother.

Connecter
1912017 Kubara Nao


This book is about homosexuality. Firstly, the swallow which is a boy loved a reed which is a girl, but he didn’t love her because she flirted with wind. And then, he met the prince. As the swallow helped him, the swallow realized he loved the prince even if both of them are male. Actually, the author of this story, Oscar Wilde, was a homosexual, but at that time, it was prohibited to love the same sex, so I think Wilde likened himself to the swallow and his lover to the prince. If I guess like that, I can learn how strict the era was on homosexuality. Recently, homosexual has been being accepted and the number of people who tell that they are homosexuals to others has been increasing. So, I could know the difference of the view about homosexuality between the story’s era and today.

Word Meaister
1912017 Kubara Nao


p.11

・column  柱
・leaf(ここでは leaves )箔
・sapphires サファイア
・ruby ルビー
・weathercock 風見
・councillor 会議員
・cathedral 大聖堂
・cloak マント
・pinafore エプロン
p.12
・reed アシ(植物)
・bow 弓のような形に曲がる
・courtship 求愛行動
p.13
・flirt いちゃつく
・gracefully 優美に、上品に
p.16
・sore 傷
・seamstress 女裁縫師
・Ball 舞踏会
・lotus flower 蓮の花
p.19
・Ghetto ユダヤ人居住地区
・Jew ユダヤ人
・copper 銅
・thimble (裁縫の)指ぬき
・fun 風を送る
p.21
・ornithology 鳥学
・steeple (教会などの)尖塔
・chirrup 〈虫・小鳥が〉チッチと鳴く
p.22
・catraract 洪水
・throne 王座
・emerald エメラルド
・roar ほえ声
p.23
・attic 屋根裏部屋
p.26
・harbour 港
・dove 鳩
・coo (鳩が)クークー鳴く
p.29
・ibis トキ、コウノトリ
p.31
・beggar 極貧
p.32
・frost 氷
・crumb (パン・ケーキなどの)くず
p.34
・furnace 炉

Miyu Inoue

コメント

コメントを投稿

人気の投稿